RobotStudio event

RS Feature: Layout Tool

Options
Several people working for integratorA's that I talked to are interested of a tool able to generate a simple but useful drawing with dimensions from a RS-Station. The generated drawing is a good help for the people that dealing with the mechanical installation of the robot station.

One way it can work...
Set a ref-point in the station, maybe robot-zero.
Click around on things you want dimensions to and you get an XYZ value for each click. The measurements stay visible until you delete them or use a Clear button.

When you are ready you can print it and give to the installation team!

This tool is maybe an add-in to RS, developed by users on this forum.
Or integrated in RS by ABB???

Any ideas?

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

So the end result is distances between the ref-point and the different objects in the station? On top off a snap-shot straight from above?

So the measurement tools in RS, they generate values and a line, however their values are only shown in the output window. So maybe something that catches those values and put them on the "snap-shot image"?? Would that be sufficient?
  • Tedenljung
    Options
    What I understand, a snapshot from above with measurements is "Good enough" as result.

When I discussed this with A.S and M.G at ABB they talked about some "Help Graphics" that could maybe be used as help to get measurements in X.Y. and not only P.t.P