RobotStudio event

PCSDK - Acknowledging events with no Flex Pendant?

Options
I am developing an application for an IRC5 Compact controller with no Flex Pendant attached.  We are using PC SDK to communicate with the robot, and so far that is working fine.  The only problem is handling errors that require acknowledgement, like a Motion Supervisor Triggered event.  Is there any way to suppress the error message being routed to the Flex Pendant or acknowledge via PC SDK?  Thanks! John Wiberg2011-10-26 10:40:01

Comments

• Laro88
    Options
    I did not even know that there were any required acknowledgements :-)

I am running without the FlexP and it works most of the time. However if my generated programs result in singularities etc. then I consider the generated program to be erroneous.

This is a chicken vs. egg discussion - errors or none.
    My solution / philosophy is to expect no errors / problems in the generated program and design like that.

I then read the log continuously ( bad format though - ABB Please do some proper well documented XML instead of the html'ish context) and display this on the PC screen - should anything go bad :-)

• John Wiberg
    Options

Hi Hans,

There is no such direct object/function in the PC SDK.

But I think that the solution that you might be looking for is to use system signals. (But its not my area of expertise so I could be "slightly" wrong Wink).
    Open RobotStudio, in the top right corner click the help button, select the [System Parameters Reference] help file.
    Browse to the [Topic I/O - Type System Input - Action] chapter, there you will find the [Reset Emergency Stop .] action.

This is used by PLC programmers to do error resets so why not PC SDK programmers as well? The instructions should all be in that manual, but its a bit tricky the first time so try it out on the Virtual Controller first for test & safety and let us know how it works out for you.  Question

I would do it with a a handshake, the app listens to the execution error - system output, catches the eventlog text and puts in the UI, the operator press an "acknowledge" button, the app sets the reset - system input. That way the operator is present when the acknowledge happens, in case of further problems.
    But I haven't tried it myself and there are certainly numerous of other ways to do it.

• Laro88
    Options
    Sounds like a viable good solution for automation.

-> John. Which text to you grab and how do you parse it for proper visualization?

• Thanks John!  The System Input w/ Action = Start gets my test routine running after a motion supervisor event.  
  • John Wiberg
    Options
    [QUOTE=Hans_G]Thanks John!  The System Input w/ Action = Start gets my test routine running after a motion supervisor event.  [/QUOTE]
    Great.

I just feel the need to point out the obviuos and remind you that the check is there for a reason and that it could be potenitally dangerous. So just take care to make your application a safe one.Thumbs Up

• John Wiberg
    Options
    [QUOTE=Laro88]-> John. Which text to you grab and how do you parse it for proper visualization?[/QUOTE] I'll be back with an example when I'm not swamped with work. Dead
  • guds
    Options
    Hi there,

I am having some similar problems. My PC-controller communication was blocked by the message "Controller is in Auto Mode : Acknowledge". Is there any way not showing this message when the operating mode was changed ??????

This message occurs when controller is rebooted after a sudden power cut off during program run. And since there is no flex pendent attached, user can do nothing about it.