RobotStudio event

Robotstudio 5.14.02.01 geometry bug

Options

Hi!

I noticed a "glitch" today when working with geomtries in RS 5.14.02.01.

I have a geometry consisting of several components, I can select each "body" with "Body Selection", nothing wrong there.

Then after deleting several bodies that are no longer needed (part of the design, but doesen't add anything to the simualtion), I save. Then I create a new pard in the part modeling section of RS, I can create it, but then when I close the creation box (where you enter all length values and base point etc) and RS locks up and is terminated. I reopen the station, now there's body entries that are no longer possible to select induvidually, I can select everything by selecting the overall geometry file in the Modeling Layout panel, I can select the iduvidual parts in the geometry parts listing but it won't show selected in the 3D view and if I delete it it will still remain in the 3D view.

I can't remove induvidual parts any more. Only remedy is to relink the geometry file, but this will obviously result in everything I removed is now back and I have to start all over again

Regards

Alexander KA?llberg
Best regards
Alexander Källberg

Comments

• Thilbi
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same problem. But the problem is sometimes without to create a now box. I only revome some bodies, same the station and at the next time I want so select one or more bodies of the geometry it dont work.
    Additional I have a second problem with geometries. Some geometries from our 3D-designer I can import without problem into RS. Other geometries, from the same designer I also can import. But after the import I can see the geometries in the stationwindow. When I open the window "Grafikdarstellung", english "view of graphic"? I can see the geometry. Into this windows I can change the colors, change the rate of details and so on. In the preview-window all the change are displayed, but nothing in the stationwindow.

Best regards
    Thilbi

• AlexK
    Options
    Good to hear that I'm not alone!

Also noticed that snap stopped working on some body's, and selected a body today, unchecked visible and it's still there, try to select it and it's stoped working again on yet another body, this time it was created in RS.
    AlexK2012-02-24 07:46:35
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    We've tried to address the problems above in RobotStudio 5.14.03. Please check if you experience the same problems in that version.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • AlexK
    Options

I have not experienced any issues since 5.14.03 I will keep it under observation for a while to see if it's gone.

Thank you very much for the support!
    Best regards
    Alexander Källberg
  • I guess all that was needed was RobotStudio 5.14.03.
    Thanks, that helped a lot.