RobotStudio event

Improve EIO editor

Options
Hi,

I feel the signals part of the parameters could be much improved, with an export/import to excel in order to easilly check addresses and overlaps and generate a final documentation of the IOs configured.
Whe frequently  use large exchange tables and would really take benefit from it.

Comments

• AndersJ
    Options
    Hi!

Thanks for the feedback! I agree and will bring this up with the R&D team!
    Best regards,
    Anders Jahnberg
    ABB Robotics
  • Hi labu,

right now we are having two students writing their thesis reports on related subjects.

One is integration/data exchange between another simulation and PLC test tool and RobotStudio, and the other is about connecting a Virtual Controller to some kind of virtual bus where a SoftPLC is also connected.

In both cases the exchange of I/O configuration between robot and PLC programmer is an important activity, if we talk in terms of usage scenarios.

If you would like to tell us about common problems that you have faced when the I/O list is updated, how you work together with PLC programmers today, or anything related that you think may be of interest, dont hesistate to tell us.

The goal is that we can use the findings from the thesis reports to improve RobotStudio.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • wbijlsma
    Options
    Hi Niklas

We typically use large EIO files also.

It's frustrating that a message pops up after every change that you need to reboot the virtual controller. If I want to change/add/delete multiple I/O's, i get this message every time. Perhaps we could somehow limit it only to the first change?

Also, if I try to copy over an EIO file from one project to another, and there's duplicates, RobotStudio is more than happy to tell me that there are duplicates , but it won't tell me which ones are duplicated. RS obviously does know which ones are duplicated, so it would be nice if it could report that.

Thanks.
  • Klaus
    Klaus ✭✭
    Options

Hi Niklas.

To follow op on the message from wbijlsma i'm total agree. It has been so since release off the IRC5.
    in SC4 you only get the message first time you change in the IO configuration on the controller. It is now the same if you cange directly on the controller or in RS online.

You get tired after adding 50 new IO one a new controller.

BR KLaus

Best Regards

Klaus Soenderhegn
    www.cadalysator.dk