RobotStudio event

EIO.CFG DeviceNet

Options
Eio.Cfg struggles:

Our new tooling will be utilizing Turk BusStop DeviceNet blocks.

http://www.turck-usa.com

FDN20-4S-4XSG 8 i/o 4 inputs and 4 configurable as inputs or outputs   and the

FDN20-16XSG 16 i/o configurable as inputs or outputs.

The EDS files are attached

Our attempt at the S4C+ Eio.cfg

#

EIO_UNIT_TYPE:

-Name "FDN20_16XSG" -VendorId 256 -VendorName "Turck" -DeviceType 7

-ProductId 2801 -ProductName "FDN20 16XSG (16io)" -MajorRev 3 -MaxDigin 24

-MaxDigout 16 -MaxAnin 0 -MaxAnout 0

-Name "FDN20_4S_4XSG" -VendorId 256 -VendorName "Turck" -DeviceType 7

-ProductId 2833 -ProductName "FDN20 4S 4XSG (8in 4out)" -MajorRev 3 -MaxDigin 16

-MaxDigout 8 -MaxAnin 0 -MaxAnout 0

#

EIO_UNIT:

-Name "CanTool" -Type "FDN20_4S_4XSG" -Bus "BASE" -Address "21" -Digin 16 -Digout 8

-PollRate 20

-Name "CanTool3" -Type "FDN20_16XSG" -Bus "BASE" -Address "23" -Digin 24 -Digout 16

-PollRate 20

Results?

Service log I/O only has Msg 71058 No contact with I/O Unit.

FDN20-4S module has a steady green Mod/Net light, but is not enabled on the I/O Units screen

FDN20-16 module has a flashing red Mod/Net light, and is not enabled or able to be enabled on the I/O Units screen.

Would really like for the EIO.cfg file to be able to talk/configure a stock block without having to preconfigure it with a DeviceNet manager.

Is it possible, and where can I find some good information on how to do it?

Sorry for the length, thanks for any help you can offer.

EDS,_FDN20-16XSG.zipEDS,_FDN20-4S-4XSG.zip
Jeff

Comments

• If you configure your EIO unit as a DN-Generic and restart the system al your settings for the EIO unit type are writen in a event log file.

Use these setting to configure your eio unit type, don't forget to set your unit from dn generic to the just configured type and restart again.

That's all image

• After much pain and suffering everything works.

Findings: My attempts at EIO.cfg were valid.

Turk modules do not reset after a comms loss, so every time I tried to get them to work via changing EIO/Restarting, they would flash the red light and lock up.

I will probably need to add a small relay to cycle Bus power to Can1 after my Can2 bus to PLC link is established.

IO Plus users of Can2, (I'm probably the last one to figure this out, but if I can save someone else a few wasted hours I'll try)...

My PLC (Node 1) was master for Can2. EIO Config for Can2 had two DNET_SLAVEs 11 words each. Found that by default, Can2 configures as a master on Node 1 (bottom of page 18). During Restart, the Robot must buffer a message to the hardware that it is the master at node 1 becase my PLC errored with Duplicate Node as soon as Can2 port lights came on. If I unplugged/replugged the cable, the error went away and everything worked. Even if I left the Can2 cable disconnected until well after the robot was completely restarted, plugging it in would cause the Duplicate Node error. Browsing the network only showed my PLC at node 1 and the robot slaves at 10&11.

Added -MacId 2 to the Bus (so my network dwgs wouldn't have to change) and it worked.

-Name "CAN2" -Driver "/BASE2:" -MacId 2

Hope no one else shares this struggle. image GlassMan38745,127337963
    Jeff