RobotStudio event

webware Backup Method [WebWare Server]

Options

I wonder if someone could help me with the backup method.

The documentation is poor, doesn't have any exampleimage

I want to make a backup in my PC

When I use something like this

procedure TForm1.BitBtn1Click(Sender: TObject);
var ResultId : integer;
begin
       Helper1.S4Backup('C:lixo', 2, ResultId);
end;

then I get the error -5108 General error for log

If I just remove "c:" from path, then I get the backup done sucessfull

on robot's ramdisk

What shoul I do to have this backup done in my pc ?

Giulio S.

Comments

• RussD
    Options

If your goal is to simply backup to a PC, you can use the "OPC Server/Backup" product that is distributed on the Robotware 4.0 CD that comes with the robot.

The S4.Backup method only works on the local memory device; e.g. hd0a. The backup set must then be copied to a remote location.

Russell Drown
  • Hello Russell

In fact I want to do something more with my delphi application. One of the customer reuquests is that the backup and the I/O screens must be integrated with in touch product. So I'll create an OCX to be incorporated in that application

I wonder if there is some way to copy the backup to the pc's hd. I see that interlink interface can do that... but the interface is described as proprietary and no support or documentation is given.

Do you have an ideia on how I could do this ? I saw that there is no way to copy an entire folder, or use wildcards with file s4filecopy method.

Also do you hava an example on how to transfer a file from robot to pc ?

I was thinking about using an FTP implementation but this will not work with S4c controllers....

Giulio S.
  • Hello Russell

In fact I want to do something more with my delphi application. One of the customer reuquests is that the backup and the I/O screens must be integrated with in touch product. So I'll create an OCX to be incorporated in that application

I wonder if there is some way to copy the backup to the pc's hd. I see that interlink interface can do that... but the interface is described as proprietary and no support or documentation is given.

Do you have an ideia on how I could do this ? I saw that there is no way to copy an entire folder, or use wildcards with file s4filecopy method.

Also do you hava an example on how to transfer a file from robot to pc ?

I was thinking about using an FTP implementation but this will not work with S4c controllers....

Giulio S.
  • RussD
    Options

Hello Guilios,

I'm working on a sample for you now, unfortunately I've been distracted by some other issues but I will have it done as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a Delphi environment.

One thing to be concerned about with an S4C is the Baseware version on the controller. Not all of the WebWare SDK features are supported in BW 3.0 RAP and earlier, so you might want to consider an upgrade to 3.1 or preferably 3.2 if this is the case.

I have attached a document that shows RAP features by version.

RAP_support.zip

RussD37993,7293287037
    Russell Drown
  • For now I'm working with BW 4.0, but I'd like to create a ocx that could be generically used...image

This example would be very usefull...

Thank you image

Giulio S.
  • Hi Guilios,

maybe you can use the S4Remote software, more info under thomas.w.schweren@de.abb.com.

Regards

Thomas Schweren