RobotStudio event

create a board

Options

Hello, I need to create a board and add the signs on FlexPendant, can someone give me the directions step by step? Thank you.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    Perhaps ScreenMaker would be the right tool to use for you. Your controller system needs to have the RobotWare option FlexPendant Interface to run a ScreenMaker application. Moving the topic to the ScreenMaker forum.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • capjana
    Options

Thanks for your reply, but as I use a translator online the message was not quite what I wanted, actually I wanted to create on FlexPendant a board and then I add the signal I / O. I do not know if the message is clear now. Thanks and I apologize
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options
    What do you mean by a 'board'?

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • capjana
    Options

Sorry, as I said before I use a translator, I'm not an electrician, I worked with robots more as an operator and I'm trying to deepen my knowledge using RobotStudio then really appreciate any help. I think the board is where we create the signs of inputs and outputs, I found a very good tutorial to apply an old version of RobotStudio and as I use 5.14 some errors occurred, and in addition, the tutorial only teaches create a signal to change the tool, I wonder for example to create a signal to open and close a door, a working claw, etc., enough for me to create any kind of signals using your screenmaker, everything step by step because I'm a newbie. I'll post some pictures of the tutorial I found. And also thank you to give me some tips for me to do a self-study effectively. Thank you.
  • capjana
    Options

They are about 13 pages until well explained but as I said I had errors because of doubts about the version and create other types of signals.imageimageimage

• SjoLi
    Options

Programming via the flexpendant in RS is possible but is not the easy way to go.

I normaly use the offline tab to edit system configurations.
    in the offline tab you can see your controller and if you expand it you can see the configuration.
    If you expand this you can see the 6 configuration types. Doubleclick the IO to open the you see on the right. Here you can add/edit unit types, units, signals etc.

The I/O system is buit up in the following way:
    - A bus type (profibus, canbus, ethernet)
    - A unit type (Main configuration for an IO unit)
    - A unit (Uses a bus type and defines the exact configuration of the specific card)
    - Signals (assigned to a unit)

For example:
    There are IO units you can build up to your own desire. The number of DigitalIn/DigitalOut/AnalogIn/AnalogOut can be as much as you choose with a certain maximum. 
    The bustype used, maximum I/O's softwareversion etc. are defined in the UNIT TYPE.
    The exact amount of I/O's is defined in the UNIT. There can be different units with the same UNIT TYPE
    Each of the defined I/O's in the UNIT can be configurated as a Signal.

I hope this helps

Sjors van der Linden
    RobWelding
    The Netherlands

RobWelding
    The Netherlands
  • capjana
    Options

Very good your tip, but also wanted to be able to create these signals by FlexPendant for the case for example of me being in a company and need to create a signal directly from the factory. But thank you very much cooperation.
  • SjoLi
    Options

it works the same on the flexpendant only the layout is different.

In the configuration you can choose the exact same configuration types:

>Choose I/O if it is not selected already
    >Choose Signal
    >Choose ADD/EDIT at the bottom to make changes to your signals

RobWelding
    The Netherlands
  • capjana
    Options

That was exactly what I wanted, but now I have to fill the data is correct and if not can go wrong, then what is the procedure, for example, a signal to open and close a claw. You're helping me a lot, thanks.

• SjoLi
    Options

For this I will send you to the manual, because everything is explained there.
    If you have the DVD with the system go to the system parameter manual.

manual>topic I/O > type Signal

You do need to know the position where your output is connected to your i/o-card

RobWelding
    The Netherlands
  • capjana
    Options

I donA't have the DVD, use a test version of RobotStudio, I'm trying to get a student version license or another, meanwhile doing what I can. My mail is : capjana@hotmail.com, send me please the manual and any help you can.I'll start a new job next week and I need to learn a lot about programming and maintenance, so thank you very much if you can help me.
  • John Wiberg
    Options

RobotStudio is a freemium product. You can download and use basic functionality for free.
    You only need a license to unlock premium functionality.

So just go to
    and click the downloads link to get the latest version.

On the same page you will find links to tutorials etc.

• Ok, thank you.
  • Hello John,

These videos don't seem to have audio.  Is there any way to get tutorials with audio?

Thanks,

Conrad

• Niklas Skoglund
    Options
    Guess you have found the manual by now ;) But in case someone else reads this I would like to add two more tips:

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog