RobotStudio event

No license [Cutting PowerPac]

Options

Today I downloaded and installed RobotStudio, Machining and Cutting PowerPacks on my home computer.

I knew I had 30 days to try it. I use RS at work but I wanted to try the power packs at home during the holidays.

RS and the Machining PowerPack worked fine but the Cutting PowerPack said it couldn't find a license once installed.

Any idea?

thanks,

Jet

Jet,
Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)

Comments

• Jetman
    Options

Today I downloaded and installed Cutting PowerPack again. This time on my working license at school. I can install all the powerpacks but the cutting one won't work. It says I have no license for it.

I hope ABB will fix the problem or at least remove the PowerPack from the download page if it's not ready to be released.

It doesn't look very good when a new PowerPack is advertised at the main ABB download page and it doesn't work.

Jet
    Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)
  • Jwisdom
    Options

There is no free grace period on the Cutting Power Pac that I am aware of. You must have a fully licensed version of RobotStudio with a purchased license for Cutting Power Pac or it will not work.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• The Cutting PowerPac 5.15 which will be released in a few weeks or so, will have a 30 day trial.
    Contact our license support if it does not work and they can help you out.

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • saharqaadan
    Options
    i have a school license of robot studio 5.15, but i can not download the PowerPack i need it for the force control , anybody can help with a useful link to get the PowerPack installation
  • Christian_Goy
    Options

I guess you're looking for Machining Powerpac

You may find it in the Robotstudio dowonload area ... http://new.abb.com/products/robotics/robotstudio/downloads

regards

regards
    Christian
  • Im having a simliar problem to Jetman, I'm running RS 6.00.01 with the latest version of Cutting powerpac.

"Failed to aquice license feature 'Cutting_PowerPac' " and it references CuttingPowerPac.dll

I though all powerpacs come with grace period....

• prasant.srivastava
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello,

This is a bug in Cutting PowerPac 6.00.01 for 30 days trial license.
    Workaround is-
    1. Go to installed directory - C:\Program Files (86)\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\Cutting PowerPac 6.0\Trial License
    2. Rename "Trial License" folder to "TrialLicense" (no space in between)
    3. Restart RobotStudio and activate CuttingPowerPac.

Hope it works.
    A fix will be provided in Cutting PowerPac 6.01 expected to be released this week.
    Post edited by prasant.srivastava on