RobotStudio event

Change path for RAB files

Options

Hello,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can somebody help me. We created a few RAB applications and placed then in the path:/hdOa/66_------ The problem is when we  back up the system these application are not included in the back up. So now I want to place the RAB files in the path:/hdOa/66_------/Home/, now the files are included in the back up. This is certainly important when we/customer restores a back up. Where can I change this?

Comments

• RussD
    Options

For the FlexPendant SDK, your output files MUST be located in the root of the system directory in order to be identified and loaded by the FlexPendant when it is starting.

Even if you restore a backup, you will still need to move those files to the root of the system and warm start the controller.

RussD2006-3-23 14:36:27
    Russell Drown
  • RussD
    Options

You might also consider distributing your application using the "additional option" framework that allows system builders to package their proprietary code as option that is installed from the release directory, rather than being manually copied to the flash disk.

Please contact your local ABB support representative for more information; coverage of this topic is beyond the scope of this forum.

Russell Drown