RobotStudio event

Smart Component problems

Options
Hi,
I am using RS 5.15 64bit (try also 32bit - the same problems)

I create simple conveyor SC with Queue and linearMover. The PlaneSensor in the end of conveyor stops the moving part, but when the part comes to PlaneSensor I got following exception:

Also I got some illegal binding/connection errors. Can somebody explain about these? where these 'set twice in same context' come from and how to avoid them.

I got time to time null reference errors also with different components than PlaneSensor, like following:

Sometimes for unknow reason some SC component (maybe this null ref. stuff?) stops working properly in SC design tab. When making connection and try to drop the connection on component the RS crash. I fix this by deleting this kind of miss behaving component and create it again. This way it might again work for a while. Also sometimes RS stops saving my own SC components. After this failed saving, RS normally crash. Here after some images about crashes and more details.

Regards,

Mika

webwiz/46/Details.zip here the details of the previous exception

Here the support tool report

Comments

• msalminen
    Options
    Here one more exception.
    When importing from library (My own SC that was OK when saved)

Now refuse to import

Mika
  • John Wiberg
    Options

Was this created, saved and loaded in the same version?`
    Or was it created in 5.14 and loaded into 5.15.

Just so that I know what to test.
  • msalminen
    Options
    Was created with 5.15

and here the exception when failed to save SC as library

Mika

• msalminen
    Options
    Hi,

I think, it have something to do with 64bit version.

If I create the SC component with 32bit version and save it as library with 32bit version, then I can use the componets in both 32bit and 64bit version without big problems.

If I create and save SC in 64bit version I have problems with them.

Only thing is that there is still those 'set twice in same context' error messages on logs. I have no idea why these comes and how to fix it.

At least so far, when testing this, 32bit saved versions seems to work for me.

Mika
  • msalminen
    Options
    Unfortunately I got these errors also with 32bit versions, but much less than with 64bit version.
    Here attached some exceptions got from 32bit RS.

Mika

• msalminen
    Options
    One more exception from 32bit RS version
    The SC including this LM2 was working just fine and suddenly this came up. No modifications done into that SC, before this came.

Mikaimage
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Mika,

Please get in touch with your local ABB Robotics Service representative that can forward your issue to our tech support.

You will find more information here:
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB