RobotStudio event

IRC OPC tags quality with IL4.6 [WebWare SDK]

Hi,

we connect an IRC5 robot via Interlink 4.6 to an OPC client.

The same client can interface a S4 robot reading PERS variables from the ABB OPCserver.

Migrating to IRC5 and reading PERS variables via OPC we have bad OPC quality. To avoid the problem we need to enter into Device Configuration and try to make some changes (trying to reselect the OPC server and press Apply, or put the IO configuration reading from  manual (EIO.cfg) to auto and viceversa and press Apply or change the selection method for the controller and press Apply and so). Sometimes the OPC tags start to work, but we cannot ask the customer to try to make these operations every time the supervisor starts. Where could be the problem?

Thanks,

Davide

Davide

Comments

• The only supported OPC Server for IRC5 is the IRC5 OPC Server that comes on the RW 5.0x CD. You have to use IRC5 OPC Server separately from Interlink/WWSDK. The IRC5 support in Interlink is strictly for PC communications via supported by Controller API/RobAPI;there is no OPC support for IRC5. 

RussD2006-3-30 17:4:47
    Russell Drown
  • OK. ABB.IRC5.OPC.Server.DA 5.07 works and I can browse all robot tags with the syntax described into the manual.

Actual problem is:

I can browse, read and write IO signals.

I can browse, but not read and not write variables (bad quality) even if the syntax is right: robotname.RAPID.T_ROB1.VARIABLES.variablename

Could be a wrong configuration of the robot (variables are PERS, Global and defined into a MODULE called VARIABLES)?

Is the bad quality code interesting?

Thanks in advance

Davide

Davide