RobotStudio event

S4C Backup [WebWare SDK]

Options

Hello,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am busy with a study about making a SCADA application in WinCC. I want to integrate making a full robot backup (modules, configuration and program). It has to be done as well manual as automatic `for example every Friday at 10am`. We have S4C controllers with Baseware 3.0, is it possible to do it with WebWare SDK? And what protocols or so are needed? For example NFS.

Greetz Jurgen

Comments

• RussD
    Options

WWSDK will support the creation of backups on the S4C controller, although it is only possible to do so in automatic mode. You would have to build a a WWSDK application that implements scheduling, or simply use WebWare Server, which has built-in scheduling capabilities, among many other features.

You must have the RAP Communications option installed on a robot to connect to your robots from your PC application, and it will use either the robot serial port or the LAN port (if you have an optional ethernet board). I am not sure if you also need the Ethernet Services option as well to use the Ethernet board (I think it is only required if you wish to mount an NFS or FTP drive into the robot.)

IF you are using the serial port you will use the SLIP protocol to communicate with the PC, or you will use TCP/IP if you are using an ethernet connection. These will be installed as part of the RAP option, and you configure them in the system parameters configuration screen.

On the PC side, you simply install Interlink Module along with your application (or WebWare Server) and configure an "alias" (a configuration object) that stores the settings for each robot that you will connect to.

Russell Drown
  • Thank you very much,

We have Ethernetboards and Rapcomm in the robots and use TCP/IP for communication. So the robotcontroller needs to be in Automatic, is it possible to backup while the programm is running or do it need to be stopped?

Is it also possible to do a automatic backup at the end of a batch? At an unknown time.

Is there a manual about programming with WebWareSDK? If so, what name does it have. We have WebWare SDK but i couldn't find a manual other then a setup manual.

Greetz Jurgen

ps. I want to make a backup to the PC

JurgenS2006-4-10 9:8:40