RobotStudio event

A Work Object of Work Objects

Ive been trying to create a work object of work objects. I want to do this so that if i have to move my main work table to a different area i would only have to move my table work object and all my other work objects connected to the table would move as well.
Regards
   Vinnie

Comments

• Hi Vinnie,

You can not create a workobject of another workobject.

To move your workobjects together with your "main work table", you
    should attach them to the table. To attach a workobject, right click on
    it in the Elements browser and select Attach To, and then select your
    part.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Isn't the Dark and Obscur User Frame what you need? image

Actually there is a User Method and an Object Method to create workobjects. A User Frame beeing a kind of WorkObject where you can attach other WOrkObjects or, if you prefer, a frame between the World Frame and the WorkObjects. It does shows so in the manual but never explains how you can do that.

However if you look at the data type of a work object, you can change the 7 first digits ( X,Y,Z,Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4) and that will modify your User Frame. Since 99.9% of the time the User Frame is not used you have all zeros there and the following 7 digits are your workobject translations and orientations. 

I never found any way to use the User frames with the Teach Pendant but if you create all your workobjects and then just edit the first 7 digits of their data type you will be shifting them all at the same time (shifting the User Frame).

I think you should have a User Frame to use selection box when you create a work Object using the Object Method. That way you could first create a User Frame (your table) and then select that User Frame when creating all your other Workobjects in relation to that table. Right now I do not have any idea why somebody would want to use the User Method in the teach pendant to create a workobject.

And if you know please tell me image

Jet

Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)

• Hi Jetman,

A workobject always consists of two frames, UserFrame and ObjectFrame.

Normally you only define the UserFrame, and the ObjectFrame that is
    relative the UserFrame will then be placed at the same position as the
    UserFrame.

But in some applications you have to place the frames at different
    positions, e.g. the UserFrame on the fixture and the ObjectFrame on the
    workpiece.

It is NOT possible to attach other workobjects to a UserFrame.

Anders S2006-4-18 11:3:3
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics