RobotStudio event

Open windows on TeachPendant in RAPID

Options
I thought TPShow was the solution to my problems, but it doesn't do what I thought it did.
Is it possible to make a RAPID program pull up menus on the TeachPendant automatedly?
For example, I'd like to display a page in the Control Panel > Configuration menu. Can RAPID navigate menus and show a specific screen?

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options
    I am not the right person to tell you about he limitations and possibilities of TPShow. But perhaps a custom screen for the FlexPendant created with ScreenMaker could be an option for you?

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

The RAPID instruction UIShow allows to open FlexPendant applications. You can provide an argument also.

The goal of this RAPID instruction is allows users either to launch their custom or system application.  However, each application define how to handle the argument.

BR
    Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Is there a reference somewhere that tells the name/type of FlexPendant applications for use with UIShow?
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

There is not documenation about the standard FP applications. Which one are you interested in opening?

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Control Panel > Configuration > Controller > Event Routine
  • carlosmtz2000
    Options

The Control Panel is not prepared to be opened and/or activated from RAPID into an specific view. 

An option would be to create your own UI to make changes. Just need to check that FP SDK provides you access to the specific data you are interested on.

Hope this helps

Carlos Martinez
    ABB
  • Abhishek PM
    Options

Here is a link to the FPSDK Application manual which describes the standard views supported to be launched : http://developercenter.robotstudio.com/Index.aspx?DevCenter=ManualsOrFPSDK&OpenDocument&Url=../FPSDKAppManual/doc45.html
    The same views holds good for UIShow from RAPID as well.

Thanks,
    Abhishek