RobotStudio event

Bootserver-Version cannot be found!

Hello everybody,

since yeststerday we've got a big problem...

We wanted to update the current system IRC5 RW.5.14.3071.03 to RW5.15.00.01.

Updating systems is nothing new to us and we've done that many times before, but this time something went really wrong.

We've made an C-Start (delting system and starting Bootserver) , created a new system, everything as usual. Then we wanted to download the system to the controller...

We received the following message:

"The number of the current Bootserver-Version cannot be found! Do you still want to download the system?"

(We selected YES, and then...)

"The bootserver cannot be changed"

We tried to Upgrade the Bootloader via Flexpendant, but it still won't work.
So we
attempted to install the old system back on the controller. But now we received the same error (see above). We also tried to install the system via USB-Stick. Nothing works...

Can anyone please help us solving this problem? We need the Robot for production!!!

Greetings "7seven"

Comments

• If you have used an old version of Robot Studio this can happen, you need always to upgrade to latest version.
    Also if there are several systems on the Flash drive so there is not enough space this could happen.
  • Update:

Now, the controller has a new system and everything works fine....

What have i done? Confused

I connected to the controller through "Hyper Terminal" and first i disabled UAS.
    I thought maybe there's something wrong (i hadn't any other ideas at this point).

Anyway, after that i couldn't see the bootserver anymore when i wanted to download the system .  Angry

So i tried to download the system over the Serviceinterface (not LAN)...

Now, the new system is up and everything works fine Clap

Strange story, if you ask me....

Greetings "7seven"

• Hi 7seven, I nned your help:

How did you connected to the robot vía Hyperterminal? Do you have some settings to do this? I need to disbale the UAS also.

Thank you very much. Regards,

Pablo L