RobotStudio event

Screenmaker backwards compatibility

Options
When starting ScreenMaker in RS 5.14 a dialogue allowed selection of the FlexPendant SDK version to be used.

In RS 5.15 I see no such dialogue, so I am unable to modify an old ScreenMaker project.

Is there another way to specify the SDK version?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Abhishek PM
    Options

Hello Kevin,

This change was done in RS 5.15. However the change has been reverted back in RS 5.15.01 which is scheduled for release shortly.
    Are you looking any strange behaviours/issues due to this change in RS 5.15.

Thanks,
    Abhishek
  • Kevin
    Kevin ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your reply, Abhishek.

OK, I will have to wait for 5.15.01.

Modification of a 5.14 ScreenMaker project in 5.15 causes a 'Flexpendant Start View Problem' error. A new project works OK.

Here is part of the error display:

Kevin

• kegley182
    Options
    RS 5.15.01(released 3 days ago).... seems to require "SMT" project files.... the previous verious(upt to 5.15.00.1 used "SMK" files.... 

... Seems like I have to manually type in the SMK extension in to the "filename" field...(as opposed to it being available in the file type drop down list)

...seems like a bug.... or is there more to this story
    Mike Kegley
  • Anders S
    Options

Please read this thread: http://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/7928

Regards,

Anders

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Niklas Skoglund
    Options
    Kegley, we are thinking about storing information about the FlexPendant version in the project-file itself. When you create a new project you will have to specify the SDK-version, and when you later open that project again, you don't have to specify it again. It will also solve the problem of working with different versions in one RobotStudio session. 

Would that be useful to you?

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog
  • Niklas Skoglund
    Options
    Kevin, what do you think?

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog