RobotStudio event

Safety barriers (S4C+)

Hi,

We would like to connect to S4C+ controler some safety barriers. We are thinking that these barriers could be controled by laser. May be some one where in controller electical circuit we could connect them, that robot motors and welding system could be stopted when someone enter into safety area?

May there is some contacts or IO's, which we could shorten and stop the system???

Thank you

Comments

• Hello,

You can use the autostop for this purpose (barriers are not monitored in manual mode then). Look into the system's circuit diagrams on how to connect.

If you have more then one safety barrier, you might have to make some more wiring, using some safety relais.

jan-jaap2006-5-29 15:9:57
    :) Regards,
    Jan-Jaap
  • Hello,

Jan-Jaap, did you meen emergency stop?

I'm thinking to use ABB (AOR500-B75N-T-KK) photoelectric sensors. I think to connect these sensors to panel unit (A81) some there between [X7(10) and X6(15)] or [X7(8) and X6(17)].  Like this, sensor's output relays should break the chain of emergency stop. Do I think correct?

thanx

dondez2006-6-6 10:13:40
  • Hello,

There are three safety circuits in the S4C+ controller: emergency stop (always active, needs to be resetted with the motors on button on the controller), general stop (always active, no special reset) and auto stop (active in automode only, no special reset). So you can select which one to use.

We connect safety light screens and service doors normally to the autostop, so that these are not active in manual mode, allowing the operator to enter the cell to program.

:) Regards,
    Jan-Jaap