RobotStudio event

Flexpendant touch screen problem

Options
hi guys.

I have a problem with Flexpendant touch screen because someone messed with its calibration

The problem is that the shifted response of touch screen is not predictable, sometimes clicking on the left of icon works (like in the attached image) but some other icons respond when I click on the right side of them ! and this makes recalibration of touch screen impossible.

I tried to recalibrate the screen many times but nothing happened as the calibration screen itself has problems.

The manual says "A series of symbols will appear on the screen, one at a time."  and what happens with me that just one symbol (+) appear on the upper left corner, and when I click on it a small green arrow on the lower right of the screen appears, after clicking on that arrow (or anywhere on the screen) it asks me to confirm calibration, and nothing happens.

If there is any way to restore the default or factory calibration values please let me know.

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Don't know if this helps you but you can force a restart of the FlexPendant. Go to manual and use the joystick and with about 1 sec intervals go three times right, once left and once down. (not too fast nor too slow so it usually takes a few tries). You will get a prompt if you wish to restart the FlexPendant.

Sometimes that alone resolves calibration issues.

• John Wiberg
    Options

Had to ask a colleague, got an instruction for TPU-3 model of the FlexPendant (doesn't work if it is TPU-2 or -1)

As above

Go to manual and use the joystick and with about 1 sec intervals go three times right, once left and once down. (not too fast nor too slow so it usually takes a few tries). You will get a prompt if you wish to reset the FlexPendant.

Press the Reset FlexPendant button, then immediately press and hold down both the Stop button and the ProgKey4 button. Hold them until a red text confirms with "Erase Calibration Data", then release the buttons. It will now remove any old calibration for screen+joystick and let you enter new ones.

• MahmoudSaeed
    Options

I did as you told me and recalibrated the screen and joystick but it didn't solve the problem, the screen has the same response.

I sent the FlexPendant to ABB service today and waiting for their reply.

Thanks John for your reply and I really appreciate your help.  

• MahmoudSaeed
    edited May 2013
    Options

Problem solved but I still don't know the reason of the problem.

They said "It was wrong calibration and we used a device to reset the teachpendant" and they didn't tell me any other details

• John Wiberg
    Options

Good that you got working. But it sure leaves one curious to what they did.

:-/
  • tomnew481
    Options
    It might be because you touch the symbol very accurately thus it didn't change at first. Anyway, you've said it works now.
  • Simotion
    Options

Had to ask a colleague, got an instruction for TPU-3 model of the FlexPendant (doesn't work if it is TPU-2 or -1)

As above

Go to manual and use the joystick and with about 1 sec intervals go three times right, once left and once down. (not too fast nor too slow so it usually takes a few tries). You will get a prompt if you wish to reset the FlexPendant.

Press the Reset FlexPendant button, then immediately press and hold down both the Stop button and the ProgKey4 button. Hold them until a red text confirms with "Erase Calibration Data", then release the buttons. It will now remove any old calibration for screen+joystick and let you enter new ones.

Do you know of such a procedure for a teachpendant of S4 M94A.
    Problem is the controller is hold in the state of copying system parameters to floppy, but this procedure does not end, and I do not want to cut power (backup batteries not good anymore).
  • ECapitanio
    Options
    Maybe you can try with this method:
    • Turn off your robot controller (if already it isn't).
    • Press and hold STOP + 4 button and after power on the robot controller until appear a red word message about erasing calibration data on flexpendant. Soon appear a calibration window of touch screen.
    • Perform the calibration of touch screen and when done a confirm button appear. Click on it.
    • Now appear another window about joystick calibration, if you want you can perform it or easly, you can close this window clicking on "X".
    • The flex pendant normally boot and recalibrated.

regards Emanuele

• kazoo
    Options
    Hi, I'm having the same problem. My IRB120 still moves by using manual mode, but Flex Pendant doesn't accept any touch input. 
    I tried the following, but it didn't work. 
    "Go to manual and use the joystick and with about 1 sec intervals go three times right, once left and once down. (not too fast nor too slow so it usually takes a few tries). You will get a prompt if you wish to reset the FlexPendant.

What else can I try? I'm afraid to restart robot controller because I may need to recalibrate the robot (if I don't need to calibrate again, please let me know).