RobotStudio event

irb2000 resolver problem?

Hello,
I read all of topics in this forum, but I didn't find any similar problem and solution for our problem.
We have a type irb2000 (with S3 controller) ABB robot. We have been working with robot for almost 1,5 years. But the robots was broken down 2 weeks ago. The first problem was the controller didn't store the system parameters after restart the system. We changed the CPU board and this was working again, and change back to the original board and the storing is OK now, but the machine is not working.
The main problem is that after starting we got the message, robot is not synchronized. From the beginning we involved the local ABB Service, and based on the received information and the manuals we see we have absolute measuring system where the synchronization is not necessary. Instead of this we should complete a resolver calibration process. We done it, store the parameters into the EEPROM, and restart the machine. When we start the controller with <1> button we experienced that tha Axis-3 and 6 move a little bit (some degrees), the brake stop the motion and we got SERVO ERROR and 536 SAFETY ALARM message. After this we cannot cancel this messages, only with the main switch.
If anybody has ideas what we have to try, please write here, because we have no plan how to solve this problem.
My other question would be in connection with the resolver calibration process. The manual describes that the original resolver parameters we find under a cover on the 2nd axis. We found these. But we think these parameters belong to a special physical position of robots. Is it right? If yes, how can we set this position on the robots. (We tried the calibration when the marking scale at the axis were at zero, but not working.)
Sorry if I am a little bit long, but I try to write every experience about our problem.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Zoltan

Comments

• From a distant memory, I can remember Motor offset Values(Sync) (6 of them), Commutation Offset (Comm) values(6 of them and Motor Type values Axis 1-3 (3 of them)
    These were located inside the cover on the side of the robot on a paper label.

If the robot is "jerking" on start up I would suggest looking at the Commutation offset values or motor type value.
    If the robot is working but in the wrong "starting position" i.e. calibration is bad, it,s the Motor offset values (Sync) and needs re- calibrating.

By the way:
    Each of the motors has to be commutated to function correctly. This was something that was done by entering the correct values from the label or if they were lost, manually moving each motor to the appropriate timing mark and reading in the sync offset value.
    Well, Good luck with that because axis 1 is underneath!!!, Axis 2 and 3 are under the black motor brake covers,  axis 4 are difficult to see under the top moulded cover. and unfortunately the Wrist has to come off to get to Axis 5 and 6.
    Suggest getting someone to help you if that sounds too tricky.
    Hope that info is helpful