RobotStudio event

Arc weld powerpack inline targets error

Options

I have a problem when i'm syngronising data from the station to the VC and back when i select inline targets

All the dots on the second line become dots on the first line, thats confusing

Is this a bug or did i miss an option?

The strange thing is that all the instructions and welds starts and ends are exactly the same but jet, when the dots are all on the first line its inpossible to get them back (tried everything..)

RS 5.15.01  & AWPP 5.15

imageimage

Comments

• Sandeep
    Options

Hello Jasper,

Can I get more info on this issue and also pack and go of the same station which this issue is getting generated. I am not able to reproduce this issue from my end.

• jasper
    Options

ok, i have included the faulty pack and go

this is how i got to this error:

step1: after completing a path i synchronize it to the VC, i chose the options inline (all 4 options are selected) (also see the picture)

step2: the data in the rapid editor now contains coordinates and no targets names are included

step3: i send the module to the robot and we fine tune it

step4: after fine tuning we send back the program to RS5 by loading the adjusted module in the rapid editor

step5: synchronise the rapid editor data back to the station, all new targets are created (that is correct i guess) but when i look at the Path view all the welds are all at the same line.... ones there i can't get it back to normal

i have tried: to start up AWPP, to start up RS5, to reboot my pc, to start up the pack and go incl system

To get it back to normal, i must start from step 1 and this time include the targets, so the 4 check boxes are left unchecked, When synchronising forward to the VC and than back to the Station, all welds are displayed normal..

i'm sending the p&g but its 65 mb

• jasper
    jasper
    edited March 2014
    Options

We still are facing this problem today, this problem will occur not only when the targets are inline, but also with target names.

To reproduce this problem: try to synchronise a module to the station while the targets in the paths and target are deleted,

This way AWPP cannot understand the welds anymore and creates one single level line in the path view.

Is this a known defect?

Post edited by jasper on
  • TSutton3G
    Options
    I've been using RS and AWPP since 5.11, and this has been a common problem for me the entire time as well
  • jasper
    Options

We have found a way to get the weld back in the path view

It is possible to select the weld from the start en end and press the right mouse button

This wil open the menu: click on modifi, and than click on convert to proces section

Than you can change the Proces as move (air move) into an arc weld

This also works when you copy a weld and the approch and depart connector (the errow, like your the enter button on your keyboard) is gone, just select the move with the missing connection and click on modifi ->convert to approach/depart instruction

BUT: this is only working in 25% of the cases, I hope ABB will get this bug fixed soon...

Problem : when you are inserting online generated data into an offline programm, the welds are concerted automaticly into air moves, visual in the path view.

I will discuss/ show this in Barcelona

• SecretHanae
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It's all good if you have nice lengthy welds, but I need to use short ones. So I think I'll pass playing with visuals. Especially that only the welds can be converted back. If I want to convert the instructions connected with Search1D I have no option to do so.
  • jasper
    Options

I agree, the search are also converted into simple air moves, and you cant convert them back...

We put the online adjusted data in the rapid editor and use the flexpendant to check the adjusted program.

Is there any news yet?

• I also found out that this problem doesn't only occur in cases of transfering the modules from the robot to RS. I would say that, if the program wasn't originally created in AWPP of the VC we're using at the moment, all of the welds&searches are in one line. Basically when I created a program in another VC and exported the modules, then imported it to a new VC, all of the points were on the same level in the path view.