RobotStudio event

RobotStudio (Online) suggestions

Options
ziga
ziga ✭✭

Dear colleagues,

I have two suggestions and a question regarding RS:

1. TCP position&orientation and axes values could be visible in Online Monitor

2. Signal list in "Configuration -> I/O -> Signal" view can be sorted by only one property. If you sort the list by another property, then previous sorting is lost. Sometimes, when I have a lot of signals, I would like to sort them in the following sequence - "Unit mapping", "Type of signal" and "Assigned to unit". After that kind of sorting the list should be similar to the one in EIO.cfg file and the signals would be much easier to find and control.

3. Why are the "Deafult" signals not controllable via RS Online "I/O System" window (even with granted acces)?

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Žiga, SIABB

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

1. Good suggestions. I will add to the wish-list.

2. You can in fact sort on several columns. Just press the SHIFT button prior to clicking on the column header.

3. The reason is that RS is a "remote client" as opposed to the FlexPendant which is a "local client". The RS PC can be anywhere on the network and if a connected user (with the required grants) changes the value of a controller signal there is a risk of personnal or material damage. Imagine an RS user connected remotely changing a signal controlling a gripper holding 500 kg payload. You can read more about "access level" in the System Parameter manual.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • ziga
    ziga ✭✭
    Options

Hello Henrik,

thank you for the answers and explanation!

KR/Žiga