RobotStudio event

Rapid unknown the digital signal of device

Options
Hi,
I created several digital signal for the Mechanism  in Station,but when I debug the Rapid program,error “reference to unknown entire data PosA”,PosA is a digital signal I created for my Mechanism.
Thanks.

Comments

• Christian_Goy
    Options

You need to configure IO signals in the configuration of the controller to be able to use them in your programm and you may not access them directly in the RAPID program, you need to connect the controller signals to your mechanism signals in the station logic

regards

regards
    Christian
  • k_schmid
    Options
    how so? All youtube videos  on this seem outdated now
  • graemepaulin
    Options
    Configure the virtual controller signals in the normal way, after the re-start of the controller to apply the changes.
    In simulation tab-> click the station logic button (under the drop down) second group from the left.
    In the design tab in the station logic window you will see your virtual controller and the smart component.
    You need to connect the controller signals (use the drop down to see them)  to the smart component signals - note an output on one becomes an input on the other.
    Click and hold on a controller signal and drag the 'connector' to the smart component signal).