RobotStudio event

Conveyor Tracking in non-conveyor application

Options

Greetings all,

I have an issue with my conveyor tracking application; we are using the conveyor tracking software for a non-conveyor application wherein the robot picks up a flat piece of fabric and runs the perimeter through a sewing machine. While running through the sewing machine we want the motion of the robot to be slave to an encoder that tracks the fabric being pulled through the machine by the sewing needle. Since the fabric needs to be sewn along the entire perimeter I have multiple moves that will be triggered by an input (hopefully tracking displacement), my question is why am I getting an external axis value error after trying to move to my second point? Do I need to drop and re-activate the conveyor for each movement command?

Here is the code:

Set doEncodr_EN;
  ActUnit CNV1;
  WaitWObj wobjConv;
  MoveL pStartSew, v100, fine, tTempGripper\WObj:=wobjConv;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pSew_10, v100, fine, tTempGripper\WObj:=wobjConv;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pSew_20, v20, fine, tTempGripper\WObj:=wobjConv;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pSew_30, v100, fine, tTempGripper\WObj:=wobjConv;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pSew_40, v100, fine, tTempGripper\WObj:=wobjConv;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pSew_50, v100, fine, tTempGripper\WObj:=wobjConv;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pStartSew10, v100, fine, tTempGripper;
  DropWObj wobjConv;
  DeactUnit CNV1;
  WaitDI diTEST, 1;
  MoveL pStartSew20, v100, z50, tTempGripper;
  Reset doEncodr_EN;

The waitDI diTEST's are just for troubleshooting purposes, this is where I hope to eventually wait for displacement to attain a certain value before moving to the next step.

If anyone has any hints or has encountered an application with similar issues I would love to hear your experiance and advice.

Thanks,

-Matt

Comments

• Christian_Goy
    Options

What external axis value contains the second and following robtarget 9 e+09 or a "valid" value?

The robtargets need to have a external axis value for the mech unit CNV1 although the controller does not move the conveyor,

but the 9e+09 will cause the error you received...

regards

regards
    Christian