RobotStudio event

VIRC5 Startup

Having trouble when opening the VIRC5 software (ver. 5.07). On the controller screen the view does not completely open. Robot Studio Online and Robotware were loaded first from the CD. VIRC5 Software is working on other computers of the same make IBM T40p, Windows XP Professional ver. 2002, Service Pack 1. What am I missing?image

Comments

• Are you referring to the Virtual FlexPendant when you say the controller screen fails to open? If this is the case, and only the RH quarter of the screen, e.g. programmamble keys, joystick, E-stop, etc. are visible, simply click the visible part with the mouse and it should be displayed.

If this is not the problem, please elaborate on what you are seeing.

If there is a problem starting the controller, especially a system created from a physical robot, try creating a very simple system and seeeing if that one will start.

Russell Drown
  •  When I select my StartProgramsABB Industrial ITRobot ITVirtual IRC5 to open the software the 1st screen you see is the controller screen. This is where everything stops. If I try to select the existing IRB140 system that is the default system that window remains ON. I don't even get far enough to activate the FlexPendant.

I have a gut feeling something in my Windows is not configured properly.

• Do you have any firewall, anti spyware or anti virus program running?

If you have, disable or shut down this program(s) and try again. Because they can deny the VirtualController access to start.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  •  There is a firewall, I will disable this and see if that does the trick.
  •  Removing the Firewall made no difference. I have no Spyware on this system.

For some more information I saw this morning, as I started the VIRC5 software at the bottom of the screen where it shows the controller status I saw:

VC:C:IRC 140_M2000A - Starting  | Robot Stopped

This is where everything stopped. I press the File Menu button to exit and an error window opened up;

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• It can depend on your video card settings.

Try the settings Fredrik Syren suggest in this thread:

http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?T ID=704&PN=3

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  •  

image That did the trick! I added a new configuration profile for the ATI Adapter with Fredrik's settings. Did not need to update the driver.