Robware Arc

Options
Hi,

Going through the Arcwelding PowerPac Operating Manual,
I am a little confused about the following:

1.3 Accessing the user interface
Overview
Before you can start using ArcWelding PowerPac, you must load a RobotStudio
station that includes at least one arc-welding robot. The virtual controller (VC)
associated with the arc-welding robot must be loaded with RobotWare Arc.
Loading a station
To initially open a station, follow these steps:
1 Open RobotStudio and create a new station with an existing system. In the
Systems Found list, click Arc.

When trying to follow these instructions I cannot find "Arc" i the "Systems Found list".
ArcWelding PowerPac 5.15 is installed but I do not have any RobotWare called Arc in my Mediapool.
Which "System pool" should I choose to be able to select "Arc"?

Cheers,
Axl

Comments

• SecretHanae
    Options

Hi axl,

"The virtual controller (VC)
    associated with the arc-welding robot must be loaded with RobotWare Arc." 
    - means that when building a system from Layout amongst the list of options you need to select Arc option. That way the robot will be able to understand the welding commands.

"Open RobotStudio and create a new station with an existing system. In the
    Systems Found list, click Arc."
    - is another way of selecting the Arc option. You just need to shutdown the controller, which was added from Existing System. Click System Builder and modify the chosen controller. You go to the same option list clicking on Next a few times. And again choose the Arc option. After that restart the controller, so it can load the applied changes.

But that's not actually the end. If you want to use welding commands, you'll need to import them  to the Instruction Template Manager. The instructions should be somewhere in the folder, where you installed the PowerPac. After importing the instructions, you'll be able to add the application templates in AWPP, which enable to actually use the search, welding and other commands in AWPP.

And that's about it :D