RobotStudio event

TCP's and Loaddata[Moved]

Options
sanderb
sanderb
edited November 2013 in Robot Controller
In my system I handle a large piece of metal. Because I know the mass and dimensions I can calculate the loaddata for this object. If I understand the documentation correctly I have to calculate the loaddata in the tool coordinate system, so I do. 

After picking up the part using the Gripper tcp I calculate a TCP on the edge of the handled part, the outcome is dependable on the current variant. 

Do I need to recalculate my loaddata in the new tool coordinate system, or is this handled correctly automatically?
Post edited by Jonathan Karlsson on

Comments

• When using a normal defined tool, which is held on the end of a robot, the loaddata values are always defined relative to tool0 i.e. the end of the robot. The only exception to this is when you use a stationary tool (one not on the end of the robot but fixed to the floor) where the loaddata is measured from the object frame of the active workobject held on the end of the robot.
  • The loaddata for a tool held by the robot is always measured from tool0. i.e. the center of the tool mounting flange