RobotStudio event

Server actively refused connection (FTP)

So I'm pulling files via C# using an FTPWebRequest. The reason for doing so is that I was unable to access them using the IOSystemDomain.

The program has been working well until recently. We had to chage a network setting and upon changing it back we are no longer able to connect. I am able to successfully connect using Windows Explorer and the exact same source code running on a different machine is able to download the file via FTPWebRequest.

However on this one specific computer, after I connect to the controller and attempt to download files, I am told that the server actively refused the connection. After doing some research I believe it to be an OS issue, but before proceeding with the reinstall I'd like to ask for any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this.

So far, I have tried:

sfc /scannow (to make sure there is no OS corruption - Came back fine)

Running a malware scanner

Uninstalling the networking device and reinstalling it with updated drivers

Buying a USB networking device

Creating a new user.

It should be noted that this program performs regular polling on Servo Robot, so is it possible that the controller is actively refusing FTPWebRequests from that specific mac address?

Thanks.

Answers

• Hello Baldwindc,

this is a bit late but here's some info I wrote on a thread here before about FTP.

Hi guys,

I was finally able to make a FTP conection between IRC5 and a Freeware FTP Server running on a PC.

Thanks to me!Clap

I didn't get much help from ABB this time, which is I admit, usually not the case.

This should be logged into BUGS TO FIX for ABB. IRC5 should be able to connect to ALL FTP Servers.

The IRC 5 connect only to 2 windows "Supported Server". Of course they're not freeware. This is Serv-U and Distinct.

I have tried all the freeware FTP servers I could find and I was able to make it work with BlackMoon FTP Server free edition.  This cute little thing is not as user friendly as Cerberus but it's free for personnal use. Sorry can't use it on the plant floor.

Hope it helps ABB and futur FTP users.

Jet

Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)
  • I do not know Webware,

But I saw FTP and thought maybe there is a link with your problem and the one I had b4.

If not, please disregard :)

Jet
    Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)