RobotStudio event

Work Object dropping when I attach it to STN1 in the VC?

Options
Hi All,

This is my first post, I am a new user to RS, but I have used simulation software in the past (RoboGuide, RobotMaster) so I understand how they work. I am having an issue with my work object "dropping" when I attach it to STN1. I made my work object on the top of the platen on J2 (it is an IRPB-D positioner mounted to another IRPB-D positioner to give me 2 axis rotation. Like an IRPB-A without the extended arm). I synced to the VC, and instead of the origin of the workobject resting on top of the table, it looks like it dropped to the base frame of the MU. The problem is that it generates cartesian coordinates off of that dropped work object, and obviously the points are all messed up. Sooooo, in RS, when I unattached the User Frame and just set it as a programmed frame, it magically re-appeared in the correct spot, on the platen of J2. When I attach it, it drops to what looks like the base frame of J2. See pictures "Correct Frame" and "Dropped Frame". I had to remove some identifying parts names in the pictures, that what the white boxes are.

And the cartesian coordinates are wayyyy off. See "Cartesian Differences" I know I don't have a picture, but I can assure you, the data values in the real controller and VC match exactly. But even though there is something wrong with this work object, when I jog the robot to the joint position of the generated point, it is completely correct, the only thing different is the cartesian data. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at this for a long time now, and all I can think is that there must be something wrong with the .rslib mechanism file? 

Thanks

-Brian