RobotStudio event

Event table delay

Options

G'day

I'm having problems trying to run a simulation to pick up a box when an output is high. In the event table, it attaches the box whenever do1=1.

I've watched th IO simulator, and the output is switched on at exactly the right time. However the event table doesn't trigger it's action instantly. It seems to wait anywhere between 0 and 1 second.

I got around it by putting a WaitTime in the program after the output is turned on. But I have to wait for a second to make sure I capture it, and this slows down the simulation WAY too much.

I've checked the resolution of the simulation, and that was at 0.02 seconds.

Thanks, hope someone can help,

Dave.

Comments

• Hello Dave,

To get around the problem you have we suggest you do something like the following (a handshake):

In the eventtable:

do1=1 Set di1=1                                                                    di1=1 ->attach the box

In the program:

Set do1=1                                                                          Wait di1=1                           

This will not effect your simulation time, it will just secure your box is attached at the right time.                                        

Hope this solves your problem.

Best regards

/Ulrika Mor?n

Support Engineer

• Check also that you have zone = fine at the target where you pick the part, but that's as usual
    /Martin Lundh
    Product manager
    ABB Robotics
  • Thanks Ulrika,

It nearly worked. Now it definitely picks the box up, but the whole simulation pauses while it checks the status of di1. (The simulation timer also pauses).

Any other ideas?

PS the zone is fine - thanks Martin.

• Hello again,

What do you mean with/ include in Simulation Time?

Please have a look at this topic

Best regards

/Ulrika Mor?n

Support Engineer

Ulrika Mor?n38037,5945023148
  • Sorry Ulrika,

I'll try explain it it bit clearer...

Here's a chunk of my program:

MoveJ
    pickadown,vmax,fine,tool0WObj:=wobj0;
    SetDO do1,1;
    WaitDI di1,1;
    MoveJ pickaup,vmax,z200,tool0WObj:=wobj0;

In the event table, when do1=1, it sets di1=1, as well as attaching the box, as you suggested. This makes sure the box is definitely attached before moving, but watching the IO simulator, di1 takes a long time to turn on. This makes the robot pause as it's attaching the box.

Hope this make more sense,

Dave.