RobotStudio event

2 robots, simultaneous movement

Options
I will have a system of 2 robots with 1 controller.  We have purchased the controller with Multimove Independent.  What we would like to do is run the 2 robots, independently, with 2 different RAPID programs (modules/routines or whatever you'd like to call them), at the same time.  They are far enough apart and do not need to be in sync, but need to run at the same time.  Is this possible with 1 controller?
Robot 1 would have to run Module P1 and Robot 2 would run Module P2, both at the same time.  Usually, RAPID code would be written as :

PROC main()
P1;
P2;
ENDPROC

But this will run P2 after P1.  We do not want this.  How can I run P1 and P2 at the same time?  Thanks.

Comments

• kioog
    Options

Hello,

when you have 2 robots on 1 controller you will have a task for each robot, T_ROB1 and T_ROB2.

you program P1 in T_ROB1 and P2 in T_ROB_2

when you run the robot, T_ROB1 and T_ROB2 will run simultanious.

BR

Peter

• mritter
    Options
    Thanks Peter1,
    My concern is that I need to do a few things via I/O first, which will be in one task.  Once certain conditions are met, I need both robots to start their paths at the same time.  How would i accomplish this?  I think there is some code to do this, but no good examples on it's use.
  • blueberry
    Options

Use a WaitDI and have each robot set a signal to the other robot that it is finished setting up IO's, once both robots have met the requirements then they'll start at the sametime!.  You can cross-connect a virtual output/input to do it without using up any physical IO's.

• Micky
    Micky ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

you can use the instruction "WaitSyncTask" for synchronizing several tasks.

In case of,  you want to use signals for synchronizing you can use digital outputs, so there is no need to create cross Connections.

BR

Micky