RobotStudio event

RobotStudio Errors

Options
 have had a lot of problems with my install of 5.07.01 the system constantly crashes, the VC will not restart, the contect sensitive menu in the elements browser will not work. Running the cursor over the view menu in the menu bar causes an error.  These problems are allegedly caused by running a dual core processor.  Has anyone else experienced similar problems and have a workaround?
RUSSELLgee
Director

1/118 Connaught St Sandgate QLD Australia 4017
ph +61738694298
fax +61738693284
mob +61418116644
email russell@manmac.com.au

Comments

• RussG
    Options
    Further to the above posting. I was wondering if any one knew the names of the process tha it runs so that I can shut them down in Task Manager
    RUSSELLgee
    Director

ph +61738694298
    fax +61738693284
    mob +61418116644
  • Hi Russ,

I want you to try to switch the graphics generator from the default standard Direct3D to the earlier standard OpenGL. Do this by entering the menu "Tools-options-Graphics- Renderer" and select "Open GL" as default instead. Note, that you have to quit RS and restart it before the action takes affect.

/Christer

• RussG
    Options

Thanks Christer,

Do you think that this will help with the problem where the VC will not start or restart.  It seems to be a fairly hit and mass affair, at least 70% of the time I have to log off and log back on before the VC will work properly.  On other occasions the computer has to be restarted before it will work.  This is very tedious and time consuming.  I have loaded the software into my laptop & it is working properly there however having information split over two machines has its own problems.

Russ

RUSSELLgee
    Director

ph +61738694298
    fax +61738693284
    mob +61418116644
  • I think it's worth to test it. At least if the problem does not occures in the earlier 5.07 release. If the problem is still there just let me now about some more details. The VC shall start without problems.

christer

• RussG
    Options

I have tried it and the VC still does not behave properly.  Thanks for the tip though.

Russ

RUSSELLgee
    Director

ph +61738694298
    fax +61738693284
    mob +61418116644
  • RussG
    Options

Is the problem with dual core processors going to be fixed with the next software release, if so when is that likley to be?

RUSSELLgee
    Director

ph +61738694298
    fax +61738693284
    mob +61418116644
  • It will be investigated and hopefully solved in version 5.08, which should be released towards the end of this year.

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Anders S
    Options

Hi Russ,

Have you tried to disable the dual core functionality in BIOS ?

We had a case with an Intel Dual Core processor there that solved the problem in RS.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • RussG
    Options

Hi Anders,

I have looked at the BIOS but I am unsure where to proceed.

I have an AMD 64 Athalon X2 on a ASUS mother board. Any Ideas?

RUSSELLgee
    Director

ph +61738694298
    fax +61738693284
    mob +61418116644
  • Anders S
    Options
    Not really, but I think you can download a manual from Asus web site if you know what model of mother board you have.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics

• Russell, try this (at your own risk. It worked on my Intel machine.):

Open Device Manager, select "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" under "Computer". Right-click it and select "Update Driver...".
    In the wizard select
    - "No, not this time"
    - "Install from a list or specific location"
    - "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."
    - "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC"
    You will be asked to reboot (probably twice). Now look in the task manager, you should have one CPU only.

To undo this go back to Device Manager, right-click the PC and select "Properties". Go to the "Driver" page and click "Roll Back Driver".

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman2006-8-16 16:26:29
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics