RobotStudio event

Loosing IO Connections when working with SmartComponents

apox
apox ✭✭
edited April 2014 in RobotStudio
Hi,

i setup some SCs which have some I/O signals. In a new station, I import these SCs and connect their I/Os in the Station Logic. The simulation is fine, but after a saving and reloading the
station a few times, most of the I/O connections get lost. If i disconnect the imported SCs in the station and open the component editor, in the tab "Signals and Connections" the connections are missing (the Source and Target objetcs are null (red exclamation)). Additionally, if I have a SC with signals and connections itself and when importing it into a new station, everything works fine. If i use this library in a station with several SCs, their connections get lost (but the library is still fine if i import it into a new station). I already unzipped the station file and checked the file paths of the SCs but they are linked to the appropriate libraries, means the are still connected and not part of the station.

I am using RS 5.60.

What may be the reason for such a behavior?

Thank you, ASC.
Post edited by apox on

Comments

• apox
    apox ✭✭
    Hi,

I found out that the source and target objects get lost when a library is updated and the source or target object of the io connection  is the SmartComponent itself. For example, if a SmartComponent A has a child component B and there is a io connection from A to B. After updating SmartComponent A (e.g. using the LibraryCompiler after just changing the revision), RobotStudio asks whether to update changed libraries. When updating io connections any connection between childs of a component are restored successfully , but io connections from root SC to child SC fail.

Ist that maybe a bug?

Regards,
    ASC