I am new to Robotstudio.

How to create custom mechanical unit?

Thank you!

sun

Comments

• edwinderry
    Options

Sun,

You need the Plus+Pac which contains the Kinematic Modeller. It is not a standard feature of RS.

When you have this you can create linear & rotary mechanisms of type 'Robot', 'Tool', 'External Axis' and 'Device'.

Ed.

• ED,

Thank you!

Where can i find some examples?image

Sun

• edwinderry
    Options

I do not have any examples of mechanisms that I can show you as most of the work I do is restricted for distribution by the customer.

If you need some help, you can do this:-

In RobotStudio, click on Help -> Help

Click on Contents

Click on How to Work With RobotStudio API/Add-in Functionality

Look at the section titled Kinematic Modeller (Add-in) - as I said before, you need the Plus+ Pac add-in for this function. I'm not sure if this help section is available if you do not have it installed.

I have found it very easy to make custom mechanisms, and for some of the other functions (Path Configurator, AVI Capture, Hose, etc...) it is well worth having the Plus+ Pac.

If you get the add-in installed on your PC and still need some assistance drop me another mail...

Ed.

• ED,

Thank you! Your reply is very helpful.

Now i have new question.How can i change a custom unit into a external axis?image

Sun

• edwinderry
    Options

To make the custom unit work as a robot external axis you will need to make a configuration file for it using ConfigEdit.

To be able to do this you will need to know the details of the motor unit to be used on your custom axis.

Ed.

• Ed,

Thank you for your help!image

Sun.

• vleon
    Options

Hi!

I'm interested in the subject of making a geometry of my own work as a external axis. How should I use the kinematic modeller to do so?

Thanks

Victor - En essayant!!