RobotStudio event

unusual problem creating station in RobotStudio

Options
Agge89
Agge89
edited June 2014 in RobotStudio
Hello,
When I try to create a new empty station, I receive an error message:

RobotStudio .NET exception: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Windows\system32\RobotStudio\Code Snippets'.

And the station is not created. 
I have previosly installed robotstudio on other computers, but there are never a folder called RobotStudio in system32. This is an installation on my computer at work.
Thanks in advance for any help

Best regards
August

Answers

• John Wiberg
    Options

Have you been playing around with Code Snippets? In some cases when there is a syntax error in one of the snippets we have had problems creating new objects in RobotStudio.

Please go through the snippets in the path [%userprofile%\My Documents\RobotStudio\Code Snippets] (copy&paste into an Windows Explorer).

If you have no snippets that you care about then we could delete and repair that folder. Which version of RobotStudio are you running?

• Agge89
    Agge89
    edited June 2014
    Options
    No, I just installed robotware and Robotstudio on my work computer. After that, without playing around with anything, I try to create a new station.
    I am using the newest version, 5.61.0001. 
    But why is it looking in the system32 folder for code snippets? I looked in my other computer where I have previoulsy installed Robotstudio and I couldn't find any such directory.
    I don't really know what code snippets are for. I  therefore have no code snippets that I care about.

Best regards
    August