RobotStudio event

Velocity "V" and tcp

Options
Hello all,
   I am new to ABB robot. I am confused lot with tcp velocity programming. pls help,
 1. " MoveJ v7000, z50, tool0 " in this programming line " V " indicated tcp velocity ( hope i am rite ) . For 1410 max speed is 2.1m/s ( as per the data sheet )
Then why there is option to do program upto 7 m/s ?? but i can able to see speed variation between " V2000 " and " V7000 "  while operation.
2. 1410 have 2.1 m/s tcp speed . so it should attain it's max speed at V2000 why not it attain in V2000 ?? 
3.As per rapid logic 1000m/s is not equal to v1000. There is any off-set or any thing like V7000 = 2.1m/s ?? those parameters are able to configure in Rapid ?? If yes pls add procedure to configure. How can i monitor current configured speed??
4.In speed data there is a option to configure speed more than 10m/s.Though robot having 2.1m/s, what will it happen if i configure at 10m/s ?? if nothing what is the use of those configuration??
those options are for flex-picker kind of robots?? " V " what it exactly mean and how it was configured ? 
5.In many robots data-sheets there is no info tcp speed and acceleration speed. In data-sheets ABB mentioned info about individual axis speed. Currently i am calculating tcp speed by simulating robot in robot-studio. Is tis correct procedure??
6.one more option to find tcp speed is by converting angular velocity into linear velocity of the first axis. This may be the appx speed of the robot. but thing i should consider gear ratio too to get the perfect tcp speed . Is there any option to calculate ' TCP ' speed apart from these methods??

Thx in advance :-) 
Tagged:

Comments

• DavidLanham
    Options
    I will try and answer some of your questions:
    1. These are default "SpeedData" that is generated when the robot system is built it is not checked against robot types.  So all robots will have these "SpeedData" defined even though not all the
    robots can do this speed.
    2. There is a ramp up and ramp down time for each move the robot makes.  So depending on the distance of the move and the AccSet values the robot may or may not make the 2000mm/s speed.
    3. I am not 100% sure on this one but I don't know of a way to change the "speedData" so its defined in m/s instead of mm/s.  If you look at the RAPID Reference help file under the Data Types and "SpeedData" you will see the four values that make up the SpeedData type. 

VAR speeddata vmedium:=[1000,30,200,15];  So 1000 = Velocity TCP, 30 = Velocity Orientation, 200 = Velocity Linear External Axis, 15 = Velocity Rotational External Axis

4. The robot would not move at 10m/s, depending on the move and the AccSet it would reach its max speed and maybe a little more then go no higher.  These "SpeedData" values are default for all robots.
    5. I am not sure about this one.  I know that I use RS all the time to do cycle time studys and it is accurate.
    6. Once again this is based on Robot type, distance of move and acceleration and deceleration values.

I hope some of this helps.
    Dave