RobotStudio event

No IO in data view of WW Server [WebWare Server]

Options

Our customer uses WWServer 3.0 SP 2 and Interlink 3.2.SP2. The IO used in the profiles are not listed in the WWServer data view. The variables are listed correctly. I delete all alias and setup a new one the same behavior.

At our site  I tested it with WWServer 3.2 SP 2 and Interlink 3.2.SP2. There it is working fine. Could be that something is not working with the IO-Polling to WWServer between these to versions?

I attached the IO-File of one profile:

ZAA_EIO.zip

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Hello Kevin,

There are two conditions that I know of that can cause this behavior:

1. The I/O configuration file is not stored locally, i.e. C: drive. If it is located on a network drive the I/O will not be displayed.

2. There is a difference (even a slight one) between the actual I/O configuration on the controller and the I/O file that the Interlink profile is referencing.

There is no incompatability that I know of between 3.0 SP2 and 3.2. Please verify that these two conditions are not present; I will attempt to duplicate the behavior locally.

RussD38047,6729166667
    Russell Drown
  • Hello Russ,

the IO-file is not located on a network drive and there  is no difference between robot and interlink profile. But we deinstalled the old version of WW 3.0 and instaklled the ICU 3.2; the profiles were not lost. Could it be that on the installation site something was not overwrtitten?

Regards Kevin

• RussD
    Options

I have confirmed that this issue is due to an incompatability between the existing WebWare Server installation and the file Minilink.dll that is installed when Interlink Module is upgraded. 

There are two possible solutions to this problem:

1. Upgrade to WebWare Server 3.2

2. Browse the WebWare web site using a browser on a PC other than the server that does not have a version of Interlink newer than 3.0 SP2.

If you browse to the web site from a PC that does not have a newer version of Interlink installed, you should be prompted to download the WebWare Client installation. If you install the client, the correct version of Minilink.dll will be installed on that PC and you should be able to see the I/O from that machine.

Russell Drown