RobotStudio event

How to set up a welder without using DeviceNet.

Options
Hey Guys,

We’re doing some R&D testing of our wear resistant overlay and would really like to use the high precision and repeatability of our IRB4600. I plan on using a Fronius TPS 5000 power supply with a ROB 3000 automation interface. I believe all I have to do was hook the trigger and arc stable to the digital I/O in the IRC5 ( in particular the DSQC652). Im a little fuzzy on how/what to address the I/O from the ABB pendant. How to do this?

I have a very important date to hit(May 19th) and have very little time to get this robot up and running. So I’m trying to get my info and resources in order before I tinker with it.

Any guidance or tips would be great thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• graafderk
    graafderk
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are sure you're entering the right code, maybe try contacting your local ABB distributor to check with them. Do you have a backup of the real system? You could then use system builder to create a system from backup, which will automatically insert the key from the current system if I recall correctly.

Answers

• TysonDeNobrega
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok, so I've been trying to setup a new system in system builder. But keep getting errors saying my that my factory shipped key is not a valid key.........

I'm not using 6.01 & 6.01 SP which seems to be having all the errors, I'm using 5.61. Do all versions of RS suffer the same bug as 6.01/SP or am I doing something wrong?
    Post edited by TysonDeNobrega on
  • graafderk
    Options
    What version is your controller? If you have a recent controller with RW6.x keys, you will need to use a corresponding RS. The latest version of RS seems to be working ok-ish, only the missing .dll bug in system builder (for 5.15.x systems) is a real issue, but it is easliy fixed and if you have a 6.x controller anyway, you won't be using the system builder as it is replaced by the 'Installation manager'.
  • How do i tell the version of the
  • graafderk
    Options
    If you have a running (physical) system: on the flexpendant, press the ABB button, got to 'System info' and select 'System properties'.

Otherwise, check the document with your factory key on it.Under 'RobotWare key', it will list the key serial/license no., the system serial/license no. and then the RobotWare version.
  • TysonDeNobrega
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok so from "System Properties" on the pendant I get RW 5.15_05.00.5001

and from the factory key print out:

Key Serial/licence no: 46-80061 (thats how "licence" is spelt on the sheet)
    System serial/licence no:46-80061
    RW5.14_0204 Drive Module
    Originated from: 3HAC8531-3.77 RobotWare 5.14
    Signature no: 156

Which one one dictates the version of RobotStudio I should run and where to go to get these past version downloads?
  • graafderk
    Options
    You are running RobotWare 5.15.05, so any RobotStudio with a version number higher than that should be fine. In the latest update of RobotStudio, the 'missing .dll'-bug was fixed, so you can easily use that one. Just make sure that you install a RobotWare version in the 5.15.x range (you can do that in RobotStudio 6.01.01 through Add-Ins -> RobotApps -> RobotWare)
  • Ok so I've got RobotWare.5.15.09 Installed as per graafderk's instructions. Thanks by the way. Now that I have that installed, I'm moving on to using SystemBuilder. Every time I enter the code supplied by my local ABB distributor I get the error seen in the attached picture. Any thoughts?
  • Yes I do have many backups of the system. I will try this method and post results and further questions when I can.
  • Ok so I've been successful in using a backup in system builder. This is one step forward! Now back to my original problem/question of how to set up a welder using the DSQC652 interface. First of all how does one configure(in RS) a robot/controller system to work with a simple welder?