RobotStudio event

PC INTERFACE

Options
HI

I DEVELOPED AN APPLICATION WITH VISUAL STUDIO 2010, WHEN I TRY TO READ AND WRITE TO A CONTROLLER IRC5 M2004, THE SOFTWARE SEND ME THE ERROR "PC INTERFACE OPTION NOT FOUND", AND I'M CONNECTING BY THE SERVICE PORT.
SO, IT'S NECESSARY THAT THE CONTROLLER HAS THIS PC INTERFACE OPTION?
CAN I INSTALL IT TO THIS CONTROLLER VERSION?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

REGARDS.

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hello,

The RobotWare option PC-Interface should normally not be required when connecting through the service port. Which version of PC-SDK are you using?

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • MowedMeadow
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hey folks,

I wonder if there is a solution / explanation to this topic? I found some old topics in this forum, but nowhere the definite answer.
    I'm working with the newest PC-SDK and am linked with the Service-port of the IRC5. It works fine, searching, connecting to the controller an read data from the controller. But when I want to write data to the controller and therefore want to authenticate with the default user (calling Controler.Logon(...)) I got the exception:

ABB.Robotics.GenericControllerException: C0040419 : Network connection to the controller is not possible, the system does not have the required option
    616-1 RW-PC Interface

I can't explain it to me, why I get this exception, although I am only using Pc-sdk and am connected via the Service port. All forum posts and the reference manual describe that there should be no need of this option 616-1.

From the current manual:

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick