RobotStudio event

RW Plastics Mould Freezes on Startup

Hello.  I have two new IRC5 controllers with Plastics Mould on them.  Yesterday when doing a position touch-up via Modify Program, saving, and then going to Production the pendant froze up.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We cycled the power and the pendant booted and froze on the "Starting Application" screen around the 75% mark of the status bar.  An empty "Cycle Information" window is also visible when this happens.

Doing a soft-restart (using the joystick combo), results in the same freezing at the same spot.

After verifying that all the connections and hardware were okay and watching the pendant freeze at least 10 times, I noticed that around the 50% mark of the "Starting Application" screen the RW screen would flash momentarily.  I pushed the "X" close button and the pendant completed the boot-up successfully to the ABB screen (henceforth known as 'the timed close thing').  Starting up RW Plastics Mould would freeze the pendant again as soon as the "Cycle Information" window came up.

I re-did my edits to the program - adding more positions within a path, saved, moved to production and wham!  It froze again once the "Cycle Information" window came up.  The only way to recover is the timed close thing.

There must be a bug with the "Cycle Information" window that causes the software to freeze up - and therefore, the pendant to become unresponsive.

Does anyone know about this issue?  Is there a fix?

Comments

• What RW-version are you using?
    Magnus Larsson
    ABB Robotics development engineer
  • RW 5.06.05

• correcton:  I got some time on the production cell this morning tried hunting down the version of RW.  Based on the directory name RW 5.07.1030 is loaded.  RWPM has a directory name of "ROBOTWAREPLASTICS.5.07".  Does this make any sense?  This there such as thing as Plastics Mould version 5.07??

Is there somewhere else I can find out the version numbers of what software is loaded?

All of the paperwork we got with the robot refers to RW 5.06.05.

Thanks,
    Simon