RobotStudio event

Microsoft HoloLens support for ABB RobotStudio?

Hi,

Just curious: Will ABB RobotStudio plan to have support for MicroSoft HoloLens glasses after they are released? Oculus VR glasses are already supported but I think that "augmented reality" would be even more interesting concept. (Oculus VR glasses just make me sea sick...)

Some other programs seem to be already planning this (myholorobots.com for example), it would be great to see this also in ABB RobotStudio. (No need to purhcase physical robots for every school to get a "hands-on" experience on ABB robots - this would make training much more cost-effective, let alone the fact that you can't cause any physical damage with "holographic" robots...)

Comments

• Johannes Weiman
    edited August 2015
    Hi Anthony, We are certainly looking into different scenarios for HoloLens and we are working with Microsoft to get our hands on the hardware. That said we can't announce anything yet :) Regards, Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Is there also news of the implementation of mixed reality? It's nowadays supported by most of the VR games. But i'm missing it for industrial software.
    Thanks in advance 
    Wim Verwimp
  • There is a RobotStudio viewer for Hololens available in the Store:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/robotstudio-holographic/9nclpblbq14h
    It's quite basic but can be used to view a station or simulation exported from RobotStudio.

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Hi. is there any source Teaching AR/VR robot then move real robot?