RobotStudio event

Sync to VC bug

Options
Hi,

There's been a bug for a long time both me and my colleague are having problems with.  When syncing multiple routines to the VC they don't always all sync, we tick the boxes of the ones we want to sync, RS says the sync is complete but not all changes to those routines are actually sync'd.  We for a long time we've had just sync one routine at a time which can be very time consuming but its the only reliable way we've found that works.

We're both on on RS 6.01.01 and Painting Power Pac 6.00 although this issues goes back to RS 5.XX....

Comments

• Neily03
    Neily03 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Any word on a fix for this?  It can be very frustrating sync'ing 10 routines one by one....
  • Sudarshan
    Options
    Hello Neily,

I guess you are syncing using Painting PowerPac, I have checked the same and am not able reproduce the issue. Could you please give some specific details on this.
    Just to be sure that this is not a refresh issue in the controller, could you warm-start the controller after syncing and see if the modules / routines are listed.

Kind regards,
    Sudarshan
  • Neily03
    Neily03 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So 2 years on and we're still having this issue, no matter what we do (warmstart as suggested above doesn't help) we cannot get RS to sync multiple routines successfully.  Syncing direct through RS or the Painting PowerPac makes no difference either.

Here is a video from the screen recorder showing the issue, I've set all the zones in the Rapid to z150 to make it easy to see what's going on.  I then reduces all zones in the station and sync all routines to the VC and then check the rapid and it shows several routines showing z150 still despite all being reduced in the station and sync'd.  Then to prove it I sync back from VC to station and the zones in the station are changed back to z150 as they didn't sync to the VC the first time.

The second test I did was the deleted all the routines in the the VC and try to sync them back from the station, again despite selecting the sync them all  several were left behind. 

the only was we get around this is by syncing each routines one at a time which is very laborious.

https://youtu.be/KzQ3UXSTSCo