RobotStudio event

The inquiry of reference document in terms of RobotStudio API

Options
Hi everyone, I have developed the ABB Robot logic and 3D vision algorithm in the machies. And then 3D coordinate(X,Y,Z,RX,RY,RZ) that vision system extracted from target objects is used to control the ABB Robot. As you know, we should convert the 3D coordinate to Robot coordinate(X,Y,Z, Q1,2,3,4, and so on) and use API(OrientXYZ) to adjust the Robot. So, i would like to read the referece document in terms of API for developing the logic. but i couldn't find the reference in developer center of ABB website. If you know where the reference is in, let me know. i would be grateful for your help in informing information. Thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks John :smile:
    I think that ShooWanPark got help from your advice of using the helpful fill-method. In case someone else stumbles upon this post I'm sharing the basic steps.

1) Use GetRapidData() to find the specified robtarget declared in the RAPID code.
    2) Cast the retrieved data.Value to a Robtarget: Robtarget rt = data.Value as Robtarget;
    3) Set the position using rt.Pos and the rotation using FillFromEuler on rt.Rot which will update the value of the robtarget in the RAPID code
    3) Use RAPID code to move the robot to the updated robtarget

Best Regards, Niklas Skoglund
    ABB Robotics

Developer Center
    RobotStudio Blog