RobotStudio event

How to make a new IRC5 to work

Hi,
We have ABB IRB6640 and IRC5 for product palletizing.  We have a backup IRC5 which is fully wired inside.  It just needs the external cables hooked up (power, robot, PLC, and Flexpendant) before the software/config update. 

I am ordered to come up with a quick protocol for getting the robot up and running when the current IRC5 goes bad. Here is what I came up with as a basic procedure after the physical cables are hooked up.  (All done by using the flexpendant)

1) Restore the latest system file we periodically backed up.

2) Update the new controller with the SMB calibration data. 

3) Jog the robot to the calibration points (marked on the robot joints) and update all axis rev counters. 
4) warm start. 

Here is my question. 

Did I miss anything?  And is the warm start the best start method in this situation?  

Thanks. 

Comments

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Not sure what "restore the latest system file" entails, but I'd assume you'd need to load the entire system including signals, settings, etc. along with the RAPID file.

I'd have them cycle power instead of a Warm Start in case anything is tied to a Power_On event, like maybe World Zones.

• Why would you not just be able to swap out the flash drive to the replacement controller.