RobotStudio event

reading PLC integer/binary with rapid

Options

Hi,

Could someone help me out with a simple program using rapid to read value of an integer or a binary word from PLC through ethernet connection?

I'm using IRC5, DeviceNet SLC500.

Thank you,

Comments

• graemepaulin
    Options

Hi,

All the communications setups I have seen uses the I/O.

So you need to setup group inputs and outputs in the EIO configuration file for the IRC5 (the bit mapping must be correct to what the PLC is setting).

The value  of the input changes as soon as the PLC changes the output bits at its end so you just have to write logic code that performs actions based on the number sent from the PLC, then send back a number (via a group output at the IRC5 end) to give the status to the PLC of what it has been done by the robot.

Regards

Graeme

• blueberry
    Options

I am not looking for direct IO mapping, I'm interested in communication via the ethernet connection to read value from the PLC.  Our scanner card is already full to map more IO's.

Any tutorials or samples program would be appreciated!

Thanks,

• graemepaulin
    Options

OK sorry you mentioned DeviceNet SLC500.

A local integrator used socket messaging in similar circumstances, sorry do not have any code but the manual does have a example.

This is a RobotWare option (Part of the PC Interface option) that you would need to purchase if you do not already have it.