RobotStudio event

RobotStudio and IRC5 news

Well then.. i might have another scoop... Today I (and some fellow programmers) were attending the kickoff of the new IRC5 controller. An employee of ABB visited our company today and told us some interesting things.. It aren't secrets or anything like that but i think the readers of this forum would like to hear this..

There will be an update for RobotStudio 3.0 available very soon

The next version of RobotStudio (approx. end of this year) will support the new IRC5. And because the IRC5 controller can handle multiple robots simultanously... Yes... you can simulate multiple robots simultanously (seems my french friend was right again Smile )

The Teach Pendant of the IRC5 can be linked to a personal computer/laptop directly 

A different version of RobotStudio is being developed at this moment, RobotStudio Online, which allows you to interact real-time with an IRC5 controlled robot, and see its movements on your PC-screen (somesort of extended version of QuickTeach)

A extra method of using SoftServo will be avalable shortly after the official introduction of the IRC5. This new method will allow you to use SoftServo on the Coordinate system of the TCP (in stead of axis per axis)

Well thats all for now..

Melk38075,8611574074
<@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<Beeth> And your point is?
<@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"

Comments

• Dear Melk,

There will be a RobotStudio 3.1 release in April.

This release will include:

- Spanish language

- New VirtualController 4.0/100

- New VirtualController 3.2/52

- Irb5400-02-04 Process Arm support

- AVI Capture Add-in (in Plus+ Pac)

- Hose Simulation Add-in (in Plus+ Pac)

- Path Configurator Add-in (in Plus+ Pac)

+ more

For the new generation controller (IRC5) we will release a new RobotStudio family.

The today planned products in the RobotStudio family are:

- RobotStudio Online

- RobotStudio

With RobotStudio Online you work online with your controller. It is optimized for

- create system,

- manage installation and commissioning,

- configuration data management,

- RAPID data management.

No 3D graphics, only online. (compare this product with RobInstall)

RobotStudio Online is a second "Teach Pendant", it can be connected to the controller as the FlexPendant.

The new RobotStudio for IRC5 is comparable to the RobotStudio of today. RobotStudio for IRC5 will support MultiMove robot cells.

Best regards

Jonas Anselmby

Product Manager RobotStudio

Jonas Anselmby38079,6397569444
  • Hello Jonas, this is all very interesting Big smile. And immediately some questions come to my mind.. The first is about the AVI Capture Add-in. At this moment i use Techsmith Camtasia to create AVI's, but when i run a heavy simulation the framerate drops significantly. Can you say anything about the performance-impact of the new AVI Capture Add-in (and if possible in comparison with Camtasia)?

What really interests me is the Hose Simulation... Could this by any chanse be something like this (Meqon)?

(Movie requires DivX codec to be installed)

http://www.meqon.com/downloadarea/robotstudio-divx.avi

The third question is about licensing. I've got a permanent license for RS3.0, Mechanical Cut, a CAD converter, the Plus+ Pac and a (i believe it is called) 1 year Service subscription. Because the functionality of the Plus+ Pac will be extended, do i have to start convincing my boss to buy me an new license for the updated Plus+ Pac or will my current license still work?

Best regards

<@Logan&gt; I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
    <Beeth> And your point is?
    <@Logan&gt; I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
  • Dear Melk,

Portion of the AVI Capture Add-in is created using CAMTASIA OEM SDK from TechSmith Corporation. There are no measures about performance compared to Camtasia standalone product. You need to test it yourself.

The Hose Add-in is developed together with Meqon Research AB.

For an annual fee you will receive the latest available version of your licensed ABB software as well as instant access to support services on Premium Services.

So, as long as RobotStudio 3.1 is released before your subscription service ends you will be able to download the new version including the Plus+ Pac.

Best regards

Jonas Anselmby

Product Manager RobotStudio