RobotStudio event

Robot pick & place time

Options
Hello,

I created a simple pick and place system with an 910SC (.55m) robot. The picking location is stationary and the placing location is a station mounted on a belt running at 280 mm/s (read conveyor tracking). The required rate is 1 cycle/second.
I was unable to achieve this rate so i started tweaking some things to speed it up, picking and placing time among others. I noticed some odd behaviours though when trying to do so.

Firstly, the pick and place times were nowhere near 100ms in reality (as shown on a trend ofthe TCP positions), but between 200-300ms instead. What can cause this discrepancy? bad coding (i AM new to robotstudio, so it is very well possible i have a wrong understanding of how things work)? Lag of the robot to the command position equalling this 200-300ms (as explained in the stoppointdata help page)? ...?

Secondly, the pick/place times seemed to not even be consistent. sometimes they were pretty close to the set 100ms, sometimes, they varied wildly (e.g. in the screenshot below, the second placetime is noticably longer than the first). I have absolutely no idea why though, so again, any help would be welcome!

Attached are a picture of the trends and the rapid code.

Thanks in advance!

Wim

PS: i know my timers are wrong ;)