RobotStudio event

How to automatically reset program pointer to Main after each and every kind of program restart

Options
Hello,

I would like to reset program pointer to main each time program execution is changed (started, stopped, interrupted). Basically I want the program to always start from a specific location despite being non critically stopped (by robot studio), restarted (my main trouble is here - after I stop a program with robot studio and click start again it resumes the program from the stopped location by default), e-stopped.

Is there any way to accomplish that using rapid / built in controller settings?

Kind regards,
Laov

Best Answer

Answers

• laov
    Options
    You can define event routine (configuration\Controller) which yields depending on a event. Then in the routine that will be called at the event you just do a ExitCycle
    Hello,

Using abb PC sdk I set program pointer to a different procedure. If exitcycle is called in this procedure it does not return back to Main but restarts the current procedure.

Is there any way to force program pointer to main via rapid command?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That is what exitcycle is supposed to do, but maybe the behavior is different because the actions are not coming from the TP itself.  Maybe you could add an UNDO handler to your routines which exitcycle.  Another function which may or may not work is IsStopStateEvent.
    Lee Justice