RobotStudio event

Robot studio not getting as license on a vmware virtual.

Options
So I have an issue, sorry to join and have a problem straight up.

I am running 5.14.03 for teaching purposes on a virtual PC. it all used to run ok.
I changed the server that the licenses point to as I can not activate one of my LMs at the moment.
And I could not get a license. can see the server i.e. ping can run the dashboard from the client VM.
if I install 5.14.03 on the host PC it works fine, I can get a license. but not on the vm.
I tried using a bridged nic on the vm still the same, tried different ip ranges on the vm,
even the same sub net as the hoist PC, it just will not get a license, doesn't matter if the vm is XP or 7

I am at a loss as to why the host PC can get a license but not the VM?
no firewalls stopping it etc.

any ideas?   please.... :)  .....

Neil

Comments

• Hi Neil
    Are you sure port 8731 is open all the way to the VM?
    You can try to telnet using: "Telnet licenseServerIP 8731"

/Oskar
  • NeilW
    Options
    Hi Oskar, 
         Thank you for the response. Yes the telnet to that port has the same response on both the host and VM.
    it presents a blinking cursor.

Regards,
    Neil
  • NeilW
    Options
    oh and it is the same on all the host PCs I have tried, all the hosts can get a license but the VM cannot.
  • NeilW
    Options
    ok, so just as a last resort I installed 6.03.02 onto a windows 7 VM that had the issue of 5.14.03 not getting a license.
    6.03.02 received a license and ran, then I tried 5.14.03 and it also now can obtain a license. ???

the SLP on the servers was upgraded is a new version of .net required? that maybe the host PCs have and the VM does not?

Regards,
    Neil

• NeilW
    Options
    or maybe the SLP utility that comes with 6.03.02, which both it and .net 4.5.X will not install on XP anyway.
  • Interesting fenomena, glad you figured it out!
    A blinking cursor in telnet means that the connection was successful as you thought.
    The version of SLP could definitely matter(which you updated?), though I cannot say if it's the .NET dependency that differ or not.

/Oskar