RobotStudio event

Has anyone seen a robot ignore an input in the system I/O?

Options
I have a stop command setup in the system I/O, coming from a PLC. I verified the output at the PLC and I watched the input toggle from 0 to 1 on the Flex Pendant. However the rapid would continue to stay in the running state. After I verified the physical I/O was working properly and didn't know what else to check; I powered down the robot controller and powered back up; the stop command worked as assigned after that.

Answers

• When you make changes to a configuration file you need to restart the controller for the change to take effect - so if you did not do the restart after adding the system input that will be why it only stated working after your fault finding and restart.

• usfrcra
    Options
    This configuration had been already in the system for around a year, and was previously working.
    No changes to a configuration had been made in many months.
  • OK that makes a difference!

Very hard to say why it would stop working, but a restart would refresh the internal mapping.

• usfrcra
    Options
    I am thinking that it is just like in any other computer; Windows for example, sometimes you can select something and it took forever to respond or never responded at all.
    Sometimes it freezes, you know its working in the background but your helpless at doing anything so you need to reboot.
     I wonder if there are recommended intervals like every week or month; when you should just reboot the system; give it a clean bill of health.