RobotStudio event

910SC SCARA Vision Problems

Options
I'm having trouble with a application involving a 910SC SCARA robot with integrated vision.  I'm picking product at random orientation from a conveyor and placing them nicely in a row.  In order to do this I have to know the rotation of the product which is information that is passed onto RAPID from the camera.  Currently the application works if I try to pick a part that is within +/- 30 deg of rotation from the position that I first trained the system.  The camera reliably locates the part and provides accurate angle information regardless of angular orientation.  When the angle of the product deviates from this rotation window RAPID reports a Incompatible Position Error #50080.  I feel the error is caused some how by the formatting of the position information sent to RAPID.  The joint orientation is such that the robot could easily pick the part, and since it's a SCARA robot axis 4 has no rotation limit.  I feel my issues are likely compounded by the fact that this is a new product from ABB.